No seriously y’all this ain’t no joke! Last night, before I went to bed, I heard the news about Disney’s new streaming service, rightfully called, Disney+ and I too said eh, ANOTHER thing to pay for? Neh! I don’t think so! Lol But then I thought about it, from a marketing perspective!
If Disney+ is coming out this year, that means they’re going to PULL all things Disney from Netflix, Hulu and every other streaming platform they currently have content on SO we can buy Disney+. (I mean that only seems right. Lol If they’re not, then more power to them!)
So being the person that I am, I told my friends on Twitter I’d do some research and write this post for everyone that’s skeptical right now, and currently wondering why the hell they should shell out another $6.99 a month (or $69.99 a year) for Disney+, when they already have Netflix AND Hulu!
“After doing a bit of research, I’m sold! Disney+ can take ALL my coins come this November.”
Which is when they plan to release the brand new service, because there’s going to be a LOT of content on there that my daughter and I will definitely want to see! I mean, if your family is like my family, and doesn’t have cable, you’ll know it’s a struggle to watch all things Disney on their Disney Now platform because it takes FOREVER to get a new episode up!
And let’s not even TALK about how LONG it takes for them to release a new movie! We’ve been waiting on Kim Possible for like FORVER now! And what sucks is that my daughter LOVES Disney Channel movies as much as I did when I was younger (and as much as I still do now) so having to WAIT forever is upsetting! She complains every time! Lol Which is why I’m so damn excited about Disney+.
If anything, I’ll be paying extra for it, JUST so she can watch the new episodes of her favorite shows and the new Disney Channel movies before she turns 30! Lol But there’s a TON of content that we can watch together as well!
Here’s (Almost) Everything Coming To Disney+
- Disney classics like Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, A Goofy Movie, etc.
- a live-action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Diary of a Female President, starring Gina Rodriguez and Emily Gipson, which follows a middle school Cuban-American girl aspiring to grow up and become the future President of the United States
- Timmy Failure, a new Disney original film that tells the story of Timmy who, along with his 1,500 pound polar bear, Total, operates TOTAL FAILURE INC., a world-class detective agency that really only exists in his mind
- Stargirl, a film based on the New York Times Best-Selling book and tells the story of Leo Borlock, played by Graham Verchere, an average 16-year old who meets Stargirl, played by Grace VanderWaal, and gets his whole life flipped upside down
- Togo, a new original film starring Willem Dafoe that tells the real-life tale of a man and his lead sled dog’s incredible journey through the Alaskan tundra
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 which takes us behind the scenes and into the making of the Frozen II
- Every Pixar film, including the Pixar shorts
- Bo Peep’s new Pixar short called Lamp Life
- a new animated short series titled Forky Asks a Question
- a new live-action series called WandaVision, which will star Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany
- Marvel’s What If…?, which will be the first animated series from Marvel Studios
- Loki, a Marvel Studios series starring Tom Hiddleston
- the first-ever Star Wars series called The Mandalorian which will star Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Omid Abtahi, Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte
- five-thousand episodes of Disney Channel shows
- one-hundred Disney Channel Original Movies
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, a 10-episode scripted series that will be set at the real-life East High (where the original movie was filmed) and follow students to their opening night of their production of High School Musical
- a Phineas and Ferb movie
- a new National Geographic series called The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom, a new documentary series where we’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to take care of the wildlife at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium
- The Simpsons, which will be making Disney+ their exclusive home for streaming, with 30 seasons of the show available
- Be Our Chef, which invites families from diverse backgrounds to compete in a friendly competition to create the next great Disney Parks dish. The show will challenge two families to come up with a dish that best represents their family’s Disney traditions, and the winning dish will be served at Walt Disney World
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), a series that focuses on the props and costumes that are iconic in some of our most beloved Disney films. Among the first episodes are artifacts from Mary Poppins, Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Muppet Movie, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Marvel’s Hero Project, which will share inspiring stories of young kids who’ve dedicate their lives to being true Super Heroes and making positive change in their communities
- (Re)Connect, a series about families being torn apart by things like too much technology or workaholic parents, where each family embarks on a unique journey to confront their problems and bring their families back together … and
- a new animated series inspired by the world of Monsters, Inc., called Monsters at Work. The series picks up six months after the original movie’s story, with the Monsters, Inc. plant powering the city of Monstropolis with sounds of children’s laughter
And crazy enough, that’s not even EVERYTHING they’ll be releasing within the first year!
So if you were sitting here sulking at the thought of paying for a new subscription service, I’m gonna need you to fix ya face, and start saving them coins! ‘Cause ain’t NO way you can pass ALL this up! Lol Like seriously! And if you do, your kid is going to HATE you! (More than I hated not having cable when I was younger. Lol)
I mean I was sold when I first realized that there would be TONS of Disney Channel shows and movies on Disney+, because my daughter would LOVE this! (And it’ll be some GREAT leverage to make sure she does her homework everyday, if she knows this is waiting for her on the weekends. Lol) ‘Cause baby this Texas trip is gonna be over in 3 weeks, and I need a new “shiny toy” to dangle in front of her to make sure she does it since I’m not home! Lol
But now that I KNOW what’s on there, there’s NO WAY I could pass this up! I need this thang too! Lol I’ve always loved Disney shows and movies, so this new content is going to be GOLDEN! Shit, I may just throw them the $70 they want for a year membership, just like I be throwing money at Amazon each year for Prime, and barely using it! Lol The least I could do is pay for something we’re GOING to use, right? Lol What are you most excited for?