The Cliff Notes: “What If” T’Challa Became A Ravenger? Episode 2 Recap
Thanks to Disney Plus, I got to screen What If episode 2 before it premiered, so here’s a recap of the craziest things that happened!
Spoiler Alert – If you haven’t seen What If episode 2 this recap will spoil things … like a lot. But I mean, I’m assuming that you clicked this post because you WANTED to know what happened!
If so, continue reading.
If you loathe all kinds of spoilers, read my review of the series instead. And then bookmark this joint and wait until you’ve seen the episode.
12 Of The Craziest Things That Happened On Episode 2 Of Marvel’s New “What If” Series Now Streaming On Disney Plus
- Sooo … Yondu took the wrong kid? Well then, I mean, that tracks, he’s always been type crazy.
- T’Challa joins Yondu in space, and becomes a Ravenger! Like sir doesn’t go back home even after they tell him it’s a mistake! How sway!
- That famous Thanos snap never happened! T’Challa actually stopped him! Which is so freaking crazy and I love that for us!
- Nebula has a thing for Cha-Cha! I mean T’Challa! What!? And gosh I hate that nickname!
- Wakanda was f*cking DESTROYED! I really do hate this episode, for this very reason.
- T’Challa is a god damn thief, instead of a king! And I really hate it here.
- They keep calling Thanos “Captain Genocide”! And it’s f*cking hilarious!
- The Dora Milaje are … um … dead?! Not all of them, but I guess the ones that went looking for T’Challa when he was a kid. Either way, this don’t sit right with me!
- Nebulla TURNS on T’Challa! Her one true love. I just can’t. You gotta watch this foolishness. Issa mess!
- There’s a hint of racism in this one and a mention of people being in cages. And I don’t like it. Not one bit!
- Yondu and T’Challa eventually go back to Wakanda where T’Challa sees his family isn’t dead, and Yondu finally fines Peter! His actual son! He still claims T’Challa as his kid and I think that’s super cute!
- I almost teared up at the short dedication to Chadwick Boseman at the end of this episode. And I’m not ashamed to admit that. Bring tissues y’all!
But yeah … I think that’s everything you need to know.
If you haven’t seen What If episode 2 yet and you’re NOT a hardcore Marvel fan, read this before watching it. Like ASAP.
Episode 2 was honestly frustrating AF! You saw what happened above. I was so damn annoyed the entire time watching this. And it kind of felt like Marvel was taking a huge step back with this one! Like why would you even go there! Why was THIS what you envisioned?
I get the whole “exploration” theme, but yeah nah. This wasn’t the comedic episode y’all thought it would be. Although I’m sure there are others who would be extremely happy with this one.
If you HAVE “What If” episode 2, drop something you thought was crazy in the comments below!
P.s – Check Back For More “What If” Episode Recaps Below
Yup, that’s right. I’ll be recapping all 10 episodes of Marvel’s “What If” series, so you can check back here for new episode recaps each week.
Note: You’ll be able to click on each episode below once the recap is available. So make sure you bookmark this post.
What If Episode 2 Recap
What If Episode 3 Recap
What If Episode 4 Recap
What If Episode 5 Recap
What If Episode 6 Recap
What If Episode 7 Recap
What If Episode 8 Recap
What If Episode 9 Recap
What If Episode 10 Recap