Thanks to Disney Plus, I got to screen What If episode 1 before it’s premiere on Wed, Aug 11, so here’s a recap of the craziest things that happened!
Spoiler Alert – If you haven’t seen What If episode 1 this recap will spoil things … like a lot. But I mean, I’m assuming that you clicked this post because you WANTED to know what happened!
If so, continue reading.
If you loathe all kinds of spoilers, read my review of the series instead. And then bookmark this joint and wait until you’ve seen the episode.
11 Of The Craziest Things That Happened On Episode 1 Of Marvel’s New “What If” Series Now Streaming On Disney Plus
- Agent Carter becomes a super soldier instead of Steve Rogers.
- After taking the serum, Peggy comes out looking mighty … um … masculine! What the f*ck Marvel! Like, I get it, but I also don’t get it. None of their other women heroes look like a body builder. But go awf or whatever.
- There’s a lot of sexism in this. But I guess that fits the time period? *rolls eyes* Oh and Peggy handles it with class! You’ll see what I mean when you watch it.
- Hydra is Hitler’s organization!! Was this always a thing or is this new? I have no clue. Either way I am shocked!
- Bucky was taken by Hydra. But y’all probably knew that?
- Peggy is now … Captain Carter. So put some respect on my good sis name!
- There’s a new suit called the Hydra Stomper? And of course it looks very “Stark made this”-ish.
- Not gonna lie here, Peggy … sorry Captain Carter is JUST as reckless as when Captain America was a man. And I kinda like it! They let her be just as braggadocious as the men were.
- Peggy and Steve are together! Is that even crazy?
- The monster the Red Skull had ended up killing him. And I haven’t laughed so hard at that kind of irony since … well since a few days ago when I watched The Suicide Squad.
- Peggy and Steve pulled a page from the Queen and Slim handbook, and planned a date mid battle! Like sis can you focus! Dickmitized much? Sheesh!
But yeah … I think that’s everything you need to know.
If you haven’t seen What If episode 1 yet and you’re NOT a hardcore Marvel fan, read this before watching it. Like ASAP.
Episode 1 was honestly okay. It grew on me after my brain slowly adjusted, but I honestly wasn’t emotionally attached to this story. I haven’t seen all the Marvel films, so I was completely lost for this episode, and I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Although I do love the idea of Captain America being a woman.
However … now that Cap is Black, I’m good. Take me back to THAT reality please! Thanks.
If you HAVE “What If” episode 1, drop something you thought was crazy in the comments below!
P.s – Check Back For More “What If” Episode Recaps Below
Yup, that’s right. I’ll be recapping all 10 episodes of Marvel’s “What If” series, so you can check back here for new episode recaps each week.
Note: You’ll be able to click on each episode below once the recap is available. So make sure you bookmark this post.
What If Episode 1 Recap
What If Episode 7 Recap
What If Episode 8 Recap
What If Episode 9 Recap
What If Episode 10 Recap