I finally watched episode 1 of the new “Wednesday” series on Netflix and of course I’m super excited to share my initial thoughts via this live recap. So excited, I’m writing this instead of going to sleep, despite having work in the morning.
The new series is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.
And I absolutely love it! So here are …
34 Thoughts I Had While Watching “Wednesday” Episode 1 On Netflix
Spoiler Alert – If you haven’t seen “Wednesday” episode 1 on Netflix yet this recap will spoil things a bit. I omitted names so you don’t know who is who. But if you loathe all kinds of spoilers, bookmark this joint and wait until you’ve seen the episode.
- Oh snap sis released piranhas in the swimming pool!! Not that they didn’t deserve it or whatever. I’ve always said — bully the bully, so eh. They should have left her brother alone.
- This is going to be magnificent! It’s really the wicked Wednesday we’ve come to know and love.
- We already knew Jenny was gonna kill this! I mean, I did at least.
- Not even 3 mins in and we’re off to a cruel start. Tim Burton needs to do the villain movies for Disney because this is what I needed (and never got) from Cruella.
- He just chilling in the woods? Drinking? Even after the warnings? Yup. White people shit.
- I love the color contrasts! They’re so “black”, dark and spooky, and the new headmaster is all “white”, and angelic-like, right down to her white hair.
- Not Wednesday going to therapy.
- Wow the suits do look blue on screen. They looked purple in the photos I posted on Twitter!
- Wednesday suggesting “winner draws first blood” during her fencing spar with the queen bee is insane, but so spot on for her character in this and I love that.
- Wednesday lost!?
- Not someone tried to kill our good sis already!!
- Am I the only one wondering what Wednesday is writing a novel about?
- I need this therapy session to not be so in my face. Literally. Like back TF up!!
- Omg they sent her therapist her script! I’m crying! She’s so sick right now.
- If the lady don’t catch her escaping I’ll be disappointed. And boom, I’m disappointed.
- Omg the way she gets her visions is insane! That’s so (not like) Raven.
- Awww she reads Italian.
- Her eyes are HUGE.
- She better not end up liking this weirdo.
- Not Wednesday against pilgrims.
- She said boo and they attack her? TF I mean, ignore the fact that she been attacking folks left and right herself.
- Her dad is wanted for murder??? SAY WHAT? You mean she may actually like her parents now?
- Ahhhh she plays the cello!! And now I’m in love.
- He has magic???
- Wait is she putting them to sleep?
- They ran her pet scorpion over with their bikes! Oh my gosh. How cruel can one be. Oh the irony in that statement. No wonder sis is so tortured inside. It’s trauma.
- It’s ‘thing’ giving this boy the middle finger, for me. Hilarious.
- Why does this kid sound/look so familiar???
- Not Wednesday got two boys after her already.
- Not these pilgrims looking for a fight … again. Like they ain’t just get they ass whooped a day or two ago. Bruh.
- WTF is this boy doing!!
- He has to kill her???
- OMG that’s the vision she had!!
- They’re gonna blame this on her, aren’t they?
Anywho, that’s it for this episode!
Even though all episodes of “Wednesday” are already available to watch on Netflix, I’ll still be sharing my thoughts of each episode as I watch them.
Leave a Reply