Thanks to Hulu, ’cause a b*xch don’t even have regular tv channels anymore, I legit live on streaming apps now, I got to watch episode 1 of The Wonder Years and I am super excited to share my initial thoughts via this live recap.
The Wonder Years is a coming-of-age story of a 12-year-old Black boy in Montgomery, Ala., in the late 1960s, as told by his adult self.
And I absolutely love it! So here are …
16 Thoughts I Had While Watching The Wonder Years Episode 1
Spoiler Alert – If you haven’t seen episode 1 of The Wonder Years yet, this recap will spoil things a bit. I omitted names so you don’t know who is who. But if you loathe all kinds of spoilers, bookmark this joint and wait until you’ve seen the episode.
- Hoping this is sit-com-ish!
- We need more black narrators! Like, without a doubt. I love Don as a narrator.
- This is giving me “Everybody Hates Chris” with a sprinkle of “The Bernie Mac Show” vibes. But without all the humor.
- Awwwww they both read comics! They’re so cute.
- Omgggg she reminds me of me as a kid. I didn’t headlock nobody though. But I may have kicked someone? So maybe I was worse? Nah.
- Omgggg that’s who his dad is!? Lawd.
- How he punishing them for coming to practice too early! I just can’t. I finally bust out laughing though.
- This episode wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be, but I still like it.
- OMG! I can’t with these two! This poor boy don’t know if he should listen to his dad or his coach.
- He said “I don’t know his whole name”! I’m WEAK!
- Not them saying “a well dressed white man was seen running from the scene”! Just wow!!
- Dr. King just died! Yes, that Dr. King, and now I’m sad.
- Poor boy confused why his family so calm, while everyone else a damn mess.
- Ohhhhhh shit!!!
- Damn! This wasn’t supposed to make me sad.
- Not this being labeled a comedy but barely making me laugh. I hope it’s funnier throughout the rest of the season.
Anywho, that’s it for this week! I can’t wait to see what happens next. I love how easy going, and fun this is right now.
No trauma please!! I beg. Although I’m sure something racial is brewing.