So The Irregulars premiered on Netflix a few days ago and I finally watched episode 1. It’s definitely not anything like what I expected, so I’m a tad excited to share my initial thoughts.
If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, you can click here to watch it.
The Irregulars is a dark, mysterious eight-part drama that follows a gang of troubled street teens who are manipulated into solving crimes for the sinister Doctor Watson and his mysterious business partner, the elusive Sherlock Holmes. As the crimes take on a horrifying supernatural edge and a dark power emerges, the Irregulars (based on the Baker Street Irregulars gang from the original books by Sir Arther Conan Doyle) must come together to defeat larger than life forces.
So I’m not sure how I missed “dark”, “manipulated”, and “horrifying” the first time I read the description but boy were they not kidding! Anywho, here are …
24 Thoughts I Had While Watching Episode 1 Of The Irregulars On Netflix
1. What is happening right now!?
2. This FEELS like a set! Never in my life have I felt like this before, but this feels like a set and it’s bothering me!
3. This music feels so weird here.
4. He must be fast ‘cause he’s tiny compared to this dude.
5. Lawd this boy can’t leave the palace?
6. They paying rent for that place? Is this NYC?
7. This show is weird and creepy!
8. *omitted* attacked them took out this girl *omitted*?
9. This damn boy wanted help finding another bar and sis thought he wanted “relief”? He’s a f*cking child and you’re a grown ass woman and you thought he wanted to pay you for sex? Do teens come into the bar often and try to pay you for sex often? TF!?
10. They really made it LOOK like this Black man was getting a room to have sex with this teenage white girl when he just wanted to talk to her? Which we all know while watching the show, but it’s suggestive AF and the man has a whole office across the street he could have used? Why did he pay for a room when he had an office he could use for f*cking free? WHY?!
11. I’ve never really been a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes but I always get so excited when there are Black leads and now I’m kind of disappointed? Let me see how I feel after I finish the episode.
12. Wait W T F is happening NOW?!
13. Ok it’s intriguing now. (That shit was still disgusting though, and I hate that it was in here.)
14. Of course the one they thought was crazy is the one that can *omitted*.
15. Ravens not crows! Got it!
16. Them kids crazy AF for going after a man who just killed a kid with *omitted*.
17. Thank GAWD this Black boy has sense to stay the f*ck home. Black folks don’t play that! Y’all go ahead, tell me what happened when you get back. If … you get back?
18. *cries* They didn’t even let him see his kid when the baby died?
19. Wait if he only has ONE *omitted* where are the others!?
20. OMG! This is probably why folks thought her mom was crazy! She had *omitted* and didn’t tell anyone!
21. Wait why does this man have a statue of a black bird? Coincidence? Or?
21. Who TF cut this man face?!! I need answers!
22. Oh snap he knows the kids??
23. Okay so despite the foolery at the beginning, this is good.
24. It seems like every episode is gonna be it’s own mystery and apparently they’re all creepy and dark! Think a dark Hansel and Gretel!
So yeah, I just wanted to share my initial thoughts before diving into this series. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to handle though, I don’t need creepy right now.
But I’m kind of intrigued now, so I kinda wanna see how episode 2 plays out.