Thanks to Disney Plus, I got to watch “Moon Knight” episode 1 a few days before its initial release, and I am super excited to share my initial thoughts via this live recap.
If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, you can click here to watch it. Although I have to say, maybe you shouldn’t watch it? Honestly the trailer doesn’t do the show any justice! But I shared my thoughts on the trailer in that post so you can check it out, see what the show is all about, and go from there.
53 Thoughts I Had While Watching “Moon Knight” Episode 1
Spoiler Alert – If you haven’t seen episode 1 of “Moon Knight” yet, this recap will spoil things a bit. So if you loathe all kinds of spoilers, bookmark this joint and wait until you’ve seen the episode. You can also read my spoiler review of episode 1 here.
- Oh this was shot well huh!
- Why am I SO excited to watch this???
- WTF!! OH SHIT!!
- Wait no … that’s his shoes??
- WTF is happening?? This is already too much!
- This opening scene is WILD yo! WTF?!
- Awwww I missed the Marvel opening sequence.
- Damn now I don’t even wanna eat I just wanna watch this! It’s kinda interesting. It’s the way it was shot for sure.
- Laters gators! He’s so cute.
- Omg he sleeping on this poor man.
- Awww he’s good with kids.
- Omgggg he doesn’t remember anything???? Like nothing at all??
- She said she fired two of the gods for being late, and that’s why they not on the poster!!! I CAN NOT! Tears!
- Oh yeah the music? Dope!!
- Why he keep talking to this damn statue!? Someone please explain.
- So … are ankle restraints a red flag? Or a kink? I’m going with kink! I might like that.
- Why the sand and tape every night?
- That’s why he knows so much!? He’s always reading to stay awake! Poor thing.
- NAH! WHAT just happened with his mouth and why was it twisted like that?? Is this a Jordan Peele horror film Marvel! What’s up?
- This is definitely more intense than the other Marvel series. As I figured it would be.
- But this is good!!!
- Not the same Marvel scoring as usual? This doesn’t feel familiar. Me likey.
- Oh look it’s the crazy man with glass in his shoes again.
- I sweartagawd I think I’m more confused than Steven right now!
- Arthur??? Who the f*ck is Arthur?
- Accept your scales regardless of the outcome? Nah sir, this don’t sound right.
- So she just dead? Like that? See what I mean! Nope! Beam me up scotty!
- Lon-donnn. Why he said it like thatttt! Oscar really a comedian huh. That was hilarious. Also stop making fun of us Americans. I got that dig!
- Omg he’s not in control?? He’s tryna give it back to him but he can’t??
- OH F*CK! He killed them people fast FAST. Like in a blink of an eye fast. Literally! Omg this is so good. Not the killings but yah, you get what I mean.
- This is the most exciting Marvel series yet and I ain’t expect it at all!
- All the fun music? Yesssssss! *sings* Wake me up before you go go.
- Omgggg he keeps f*cking blanking out and waking up to more dead people! I just can’t right now.
- Was that a dream?
- Ok now the tape and sand make sense! Got it.
- He got a date? He tryna go on a date??? This man who can barely get his life together right now couldn’t cancel this date or reschedule? Why are y’all like this?
- See! Now he done woke up two days too late! Come on now!
- He so stressed he bout to eat a steak! This man a whole vegan, talking bout I’ll have a steak. And his waiter is WILD for giving him one “well done”. Karma for not canceling.
- But seriously … I can’t believe how good this is! We finally have something as good as WandaVision! I’m so excited!
- Awww he even bought her chocolate flowers and chocolates. Now I’m sad.
- STEVEN!! Please don’t give the fish chocolate my man. What is you doing?!
- I hope this elevator took him to Marc apartment cause …
- OMG OMG OMG!!
- Wait is that the old lady who was supposed to die?
- Omgggg! How they ending this crazier than they started it??????
- Why is he going towards him??? WHY!
- Nahhhhhh this is MAD good they got me back on the edge of my seat again.
- Don’t walk towards the noise damn it!!
- It’s not a little bugger, please run.
- We get to see Marc finally??
- Damn, no we don’t.
- Yesssssssssss Mohamed Diab with the direction! My man!! You did yo THANG sir!
- This was a wild ride. I feel like I just watched a dope ass movie man.
Like seriously! I loved this episode! None of the other Marvel series started off this strong. Not even WandaVision, and y’all KNOW I loved those black and white, old sitcom episodes. This is also the first time I’m not worried about a Marvel series having only 6 episodes.
But that’s it for this week! I can’t wait to rewatch this again. I already saw the first four episodes, but recaps will drop weekly with each new episode.