What the actual FXCK son! I literally just finished watching Lovecraft Country episode 8 and OMG! That shit was WILD!
I haven’t been THAT freaked out since episode 1, when Leti, Tic and Uncle George were rushing out of that sundown town while being followed by that damn racist cop! Jeezus!
But this episode was GOOD y’all!
If you’re STILL not sure what Lovecraft Country is, please check out my thoughts on episode 1 here since there’s a full description of this fire ass HBO series in there.
The show was created by Misha Green and it’s f*cking amazing!
But if you’re unsure if Lovecraft Country is the right show for you because you hate horror, like moi, check out my review of the first two episodes here. I kid you not, I hate horror too!
But trust me when I say this thang is GOOD!
I’m still not sure how I’ve managed to get through this show, when I’ve been watching this thang alone in the dark, but I don’t care.
I knew from the very first episode that they’d have me hooked and that no matter what happened afterwards I would have to see this thang through, and now that I’m on episode 8, they’ve proved me right!
So what did I think of the eight episode?
Here Are 25 Thoughts I Had While Watching Episode 8 Of Lovecraft Country On HBO Max
Please note: I had to omit a few thoughts so I didn’t spoil anything. This is way too exciting for me to just spoil the fun. If you wanna discuss the show hit me up on Twitter.
1. Lawd sis STILL ain’t back! Is she even coming back?
2. Oh noooooo! No no no! They not about to arrest her are they!? I knew this was gonna happen!!!!
3. Why TF they screaming at her like that!? And WHY TF THEY MARKED THE GROUND!??
4. OMFG! Also “I can’t breathe” is SUCH a trigger now. I can’t hear that without feeling some type of way.
5. I knew her ass was gonna show up!
6. Somebody slap them cuss words out this little girl mouth! God damn. But after what they just did I’m not shocked.
7. WTF just happened! And why are books always the problem?!
8. This is way too damn disgusting! Them bones breaking! How you orgasm while your bones break. Nah! Nah!
9. NAH WTF IS THIS SHIT!
10. Omg my heart just broke for Leti! Imagine being pregnant and yo man ex come home to profess her love!
11. B*xch! I just jumped out my god damn seat!
12. OMG THAT’S WHO GEORGE FREEMAN IS?!
13. Them b*tches got dance moves tho! I’ll give them that!
14. Of course Christina pulls a b*tch move! OF F*CKING COURSE!
15. DEE F*CKING CRAZY!
16. I knew his daddy knew how to cast spells. That man hiding a LOT! He better start talking.
17. That’s the SECOND time I f*cking jumped out my skin!!
18. Okay so maybe Christina cares more than she lets on?! Cause did she REALLY just have someone kill her the way they killed that little boy?
19. Every Black person ever … “I don’t wanna be white.”
20. I haven’t been on edge like this since episode 1 y’all! God damn!
21. Draw girl DRAW! Draw like yo life depended on it!
22. Yo these little girls is acting they asses OFF! I’m scared but I can’t even stop to think about how creepy they are because they’re doing such a good job!
23. I told y’all that spell *omitted*!
24. When he said “Save my family BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY” this is NOT what I saw coming!
25. WHY IS THAT THE FXCKING ENDING! I hate it here! OMFG! That shit was crazy. Y’all wanna watch that episode again?
So yeah, that’s pretty much what went through my head while watching the eight episode.
Episode 8 was definitely more on the horror side, with a few ‘monsters’, spells, the works! And this one is definitely not one you wanna watch alone in the dark.
But honestly, this show is SO amazing to me, half the time when I SHOULD be scared out my god damn mind, I’m staring at the screen thinking about how amazing their acting is, or how awesome the production of the show is.
Listening to the sound of bones crack is disgusting, but then I find myself thinking about how they had to find JUST the right sound effect to make this sound so real, yet so terrifying all at the same time, without being over the top so you keep staring at the screen.
Like it’s unbelievably crazy! (Just as crazy as Dee’s ass!) Oh and Ms. Thang (aka Tic’s ex, whatever her damn name is, 9 tails girl) her role seems very short lived.
Not sure if she’ll pop back up again, but she doesn’t seem to play THAT big of a part. At least not as big as I thought it would be after watching episode 7.
So yeah … I can’t believe there’s only two more episodes!! I’m about to cry! What am I supposed to watch on Sundays now? *sigh*
Anywho … I can’t wait to see what happens next Sunday! Have you seen episode 8 yet? If so, what did you think of it? If not …