Okay listen, I haven’t been feeling well this week so it took forever to get this post up! But I watched Lovecraft Country episode 7 on Sunday and I had to soak it all in after! I don’t think ANY other episode has made me have to sit and think, and just soak up all the goodness the way episode 7 did on Sunday! Whew! THAT was a damn good episode!
Now if you’re STILL not sure what Lovecraft Country is, please check out my thoughts on episode 1 here since there’s a full description of this fire ass HBO series in there.
The show was created by Misha Green and it’s f*cking amazing!
But if you’re unsure if Lovecraft Country is the right show for you because you hate horror, like moi, check out my review of the first two episodes here. I kid you not, I hate horror too!
But trust me when I say this thang is GOOD!
I’m still not sure how I’ve managed to get through this show, when I’ve been watching this thang alone in the dark, but I don’t care.
I knew from the very first episode that they’d have me hooked and that no matter what happened afterwards I would have to see this thang through, and now that I’m on episode 7, they’ve proved me right!
So what did I think of the seventh episode?
Here Are 47 Thoughts I Had While Watching Episode 7 Of Lovecraft Country On HBO Max
Please note: I had to omit a few thoughts so I didn’t spoil anything. This is way too exciting for me to just spoil the fun. If you wanna discuss the show hit me up on Twitter.
1. I almost threw a whole fit just now! It took HBO 9 god damn mins for episode 7 to pop up on the site! I ain’t never been so stressed over a show ever! Legit almost lost my shit! *whew*
2. Oh shit I forgot that whole house broke down!
3. Oh oh.
4. Of course she figured out how to make this thang work!
5. Didn’t I tell her not to play with this shit!
6. Omg! She took folks *omitted* to create a potion so they could morph into other people!?
7. Poor Ruby!
8. Wait, is she Bi then?
9. The scoring in this scene!!!
10. Omgggg Leti!
11. She’s just scared she’s pregnant, or she is!
12. I love how I’ve fallen in love with these characters like, I do when I’m reading a book.
13. Awww look at him laying on her lap.
14. Damn they had the same dream?
15. Dang he’s still scared for people to know he’s gay?
16. Montrose really acting a damn fool! As always!
17. Oh shit!!
18. Wait did he really just call him a faggot!? I really need him to cut this bullshit out!
19. I missed Leti so much!
20. Sis said get off my damn car boy! (Okay, not in them words but whew.)
21. I’m worried for aunty like for real.
22. She saw a Black girl on a motorcycle and got so happy to see her! That’s really Black people!
23. We already knew his mama had magic! Tell me more!!!
24. Oh wait Tic went by himself this time?
25. Oh noooooo, is she really pregnant? OMG!
26. Well damn now everybody involved and shit.
27. She dead just put the key in without even stopping to think about it? Like, that thing could kill her! The hell!
28. Oh shit oh shit!
29. Well god damn he ain’t even wait two seconds he just jumped on them cops!
30. Is that a time loop???!
31. OMG OMGGGG!
32. I hope it’s just her ass and not him too. I swear to god she deserves it but not Tic! Please let Tic be okay!
33. WTF is happening right now?! Also this is so dope!
34. Oh shit WTF!!? Omgggg! Ohhhhhhh shitttttttttttt!
35. She’s way too damn smart bruh! But I guess they’re also smart too, huh?
36. She keep saying “you’re not in a prison” but won’t let her go! Make it make sense!
37. Look at her living her best life! I hope she remembers this when she goes back. (If she goes back.) I’d hate for her to just forget everything.
38. Aw shit! She bout to whoop her ass and show her how to fight at the same damn time!? That’s wild! But at least she’s teaching her how to get up every time.
39. Wait are they going to war??! *gasp*
40. Well … she said she wanted to kill white people right? Here’s her chance!
41. Uncle Georgeee! Awww, I missed seeing him!
42. Listening to her explain how she shrunk herself for her husband. How she thought he saw something in her that he understood that she was great and instead he helped her shrink makes me so sad. So many woman are angry because they give themselves up to have husbands, or to have kids, while everyone else gets to live their own life. *sigh*
43. I LOVE the costumes in this episode!
44. I love how she took her husband on an adventure and he got to watch her be an explorer and be great.
45. There’s a book called Lovecraft Country by George Freeman??
46. NOOOO! They left the comic behind!!! He didn’t see it. They’re gonna trace it back to them! OMGGG!
47. How has it been an hour already??? It’s crazy how I get so involved in this story that I lose all track of time! This is legit like reading a good book. I legit get lost in it every time. I love this!
So yeah, that’s pretty much what went through my head while watching the seventh episode.
Episode 7 wasn’t scary at all! It was actually a joy to see Hippolyta be free! And the sci-fi, futuristic elements in this episode were so amazing! Like omg! We got a much needed break from the horror, and racism scenes thanks to this episode and now I can’t wait to see what happens on Sunday!
Have you seen episode 7 yet? If so, what did you think of it? If not …