Aight y’all, I didn’t even realize I hadn’t published this post! I watched episode 5 of Lovecraft Country last Sunday (as always) even though I was supposed to be resting and celebrating my birthday. But this show is SO good, I couldn’t not watch it!
It’s sort of become my Sunday bedtime routine. Watch Leti be brave, watch Tic be foolish *side eye* and then take my ass to bed. Which now that I say it out loud sounds extremely crazy that I’m watching this thang right before I go to sleep, especially since I’m not a fan of horror.
Point is … I’ve been SUPER busy lately, especially after just covering the American Black Film Festival and jumping right into the Toronto International Film Festival, so I’ve barely had time to think, let alone write. Which is why I’m just getting this post up. BUT …
This show just keeps getting better, and better, so of course I couldn’t just skip an episode!
So yeah, I figured, better late than never!
However, if you’re still unsure what Lovecraft Country even is (because you live under a rock or you’re just not on social media like that right now, which I totally get), check out my thoughts on episode 1 here since there’s a full description of this HBO series there.
And if you’re STILL unsure if you should watch Lovecraft Country (because you SWEAR up and down this just ain’t for you) check out my review of the first two episodes here. I hate horror too, but trust me this is GOOD!
So what did I think of the fifth episode?
Here Are 35 Thoughts I Had While Watching Episode 5 Of Lovecraft Country On HBO Max
Please note: I had to omit a few thoughts so I didn’t spoil anything. This is way too exciting for me to just spoil the fun. If you wanna discuss the show hit me up on Twitter.
1. Who TF is this!?
2. Oh SHIT! *omitted* is white now? OMG!
3. WTF is happening right now!?
4. Wowwwwww he said gone? Like he ain’t kill her? Cool cool.
5. Oh shit! He’s that f*cking strong he almost killed *omitted*!
6. Leti and that damn bat!
7. WTF YO! Metamorphosis for humans? Really?!
8. And here she was thinking he just wanted some sex! OMG.
9. He’s actually kinda cute though, I’m not gonna lie.
10. The power of being white. She was screaming and they weren’t scared of her! She said they acted like they were scared FOR her, not of her. *smh*
11. That must have been the best sex ever! He left money and some potion? *chuckles*
12. I love how they always put poetry in this.
13. Gotta heal yo own wounds being stupid! Look at Tic ass. *rolls eyes*
14. Nah these love scenes are really dope. They did a damn good job with them.
15. Dudes probably happy to finally see her ass instead of his huh.
16. Wowwwww this the song?! Yesssssss Cardi! Get them royalties sis!
17. Wowwwww sis really using her whiteness to get a job?
18. Omg *omitted* turning back to being *omitted* at the f*cking interview and shit!! She’s so f*cking dumb. Lord! WHY?!
19. Oh wowwwwwwwwwwww *omitted* is GAY!?
20. I LOVE that they used a Frank Ocean song for this scene!!!
21. She bout to learn being a white woman ain’t that great either huh.
22. William really is fine though!
23. Wait, how’d he know his dad killed her?
24. Why didn’t *omitted* do this shit as a white girl and not as a Black girl??! At least as a white girl she’d get off easier if she got caught. Goodness!
25. What TF is Ruby doing right now yo!? SON!
26. Wow she really keep forgetting she white! *laugh*
27. Son every time *omitted* turns back it’s so disgusting, but I can’t help but wonder how they did it!
28. WOW! He said just let me smell it I heard you guys are all sweet down there. WOW! Disgusting. Folks love to be racist and then be curious. How you hate Black people but still wanna know everything so damn bad! UGH!
29. Awww they’re dancing in public! Is *omitted* coming out??!
30. It must feel really good to finally just be yourself, huh.
31. Wow *omitted* raped him with *omitted*! OMG!
32. Look at Tic reassuring Leti that what they have is special. I wish someone would love me shit!
33. Omgggg what’s wrong with William??! Who TF is crawling inside of him!!!
34. Wowwwww!!!! OMGGGG!! WOWWWW!!!
35. Wow this shit is f*cking done?? Just like that yo? So annoying!
So yeah, that’s pretty much what went through my head while watching the fifth episode.
The ending of episode 5 had me so annoyed. How they just gon’ end the show like that son?
And for some reason it felt like last Sunday’s hour went by extremely quick!
Like I know I was enjoying my birthday weekend, but damn! I had to look at the time like wait, it’s over? Dassit? Whew! I can’t wait to see what happens next Sunday!
Have you seen Lovecraft Country yet? If so, what did you think of it? If not …