Judas And The Black Messiah is about Fred Hampton, a young, charismatic activist, who becomes Chairman of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party — putting him directly in the crosshairs of the government, the FBI, and the Chicago Police.
But to destroy the revolution, the authorities are going to need a man on the inside. Judas and the Black Messiah stars Daniel Kaluuya, LaKeith Stanfield, Jesse Plemons, Dominique Fishback, Ashton Sanders, and Martin Sheen. The film is directed by Shaka King.
Here Are 36 Thoughts I Had While Watching Judas And The Black Messiah
2. Yup, Black Panthers were armed but because they needed to protect their people!
3. How is he bleeding? TF?
4. Wait, is this how he became a spy?
5. Look at Daniel foine ass!
7. Tell the brother Sister Dominique!
8. F*ck he raise his hand for? *laughs*
9. Daniel really is fine! Whew lawd.
10. They giving push ups for punishment? For tryna talk to the women? Ha!
11. Well damn! Everyone got weapons?
12. I expected him to get sucked in with the cops towards the end, not at the very beginning! Dang.
13. OMG! Not this white man tryna speak Black!
14. The jazz though!
15. Oh this is dude from All Day and a Night! Ahhh!
16. He said he hot wired the car and they making him hot wire it to prove it! Black folks be skeptical AF!
17. Look at them bonding over speeches.
18. Mmhmm y’all not low.
19. Dom out here living everybody else dream! (Kissing Daniel and shit.)
20. Oh he eating good huh! Making good money! Smh! Informer ass!
21. WDF!? Did this cop really just say “is that Harriet Tubman, no it’s Aunt Jemima”.
22. Wow … one girl with a gun and everyone runs for their guns? Wypipo really be scared of us huh!
23. Ain’t this the guy from Grace and Frankie? He looks so different.
24. She listening to him talking about dying and she ain’t smile at all, and I don’t blame her one bit.
25. This is the most emotion I’ve felt in this movie … her reading this poem.
26. Towards the end it does start to get violent.
27. God damn he saying names of the dead and that triggered TF outta me!
28. I’m really attracted to stories with music and this doesn’t have much, just a jazz score.
29. Oh wow, Emmett Till’s death pops up. Now I’m emotional again.
30. LaKeith looks nice in that suit.
31. Oh look Lil Rel! I forgot he was in this.
32. Imagine being pregnant and having to listen to your child’s father say going back to jail for 5 yrs is better because with the money he’d use to run away they could build a hospital!!
33. He just want a drink and he shaking? No one thought something was wrong? Smh!
34. You definitely have to brace yourself for this shit! It’s traumatic for sure.
35. They killed him while he was asleep! History just keeps f*cking repeating itself!
36. I get why there’s no music now. This wasn’t supposed to feel good! This wasn’t supposed to be a party or a dance, this was real shit!
So yeah, I just wanted to share my initial thoughts before sharing my full review.