Call me crazy but I’m a Jordan Peele fan!
After seeing his Us movie a few years ago, I told myself I’d watch anything with the name “Jordan Peele” on it, which means watching his new movie “Nope” (and clearly its new trailer, which is now out).
Of course I still haven’t seen Get Out yet, but I did watch Lovecraft Country since he produced it and I knew that meant I was in good hands with Misha Green.
But since everyone’s been tweeting about Jordan Peele’s new Nope movie trailer, I finally sat down and watched it.
AND HOLY F*CK!
What the F*CK was THAT?!
I went into this thinking I was gonna be scared out of my mind shitless, forgetting we’re talking about THE Jordan Peele here. Which means more intriguing, less scaring.
So I totally had my guard up. But Jordan is a freaking genius!
And of course the same thing that happened when I watched the Us movie, happened while I was watching Jordan Peele’s Nope movie trailer. Which by the way is a really damn good trailer in itself. I mean it had me on the edge of my seat, but gave me absolutely nothing.
I hate when trailers recap the entire film! Like … why would I pay to see this dang movie if you done gave me the cliff notes b*xch?
But I legit had to watch this thang twice because we got NOTHING!
And that’s what I love about this trailer!
Never in my life did I think I’d watch a horror film trailer twice! Whew chile! But I was so damn intrigued I had to rewind this joint to look for what I missed.
Jordan got me out here like Dora the Explorer — the Black movie trailer analyzer version, or Mrs. Blues f*cking Clues looking for hints that I missed during the first watch.
But I think I’ve rambled enough, so here’s …
My Reaction To Jordan Peele’s New “Nope” Movie Trailer Via 18 Thoughts
- I can’t wait to see Daniel on screen again!
- Is this gon’ be like the Us movie with more animal craziness? Remember the bunnies at the beginning of the movie! These horses are giving me bunny vibes.
- Not the lights turning off! NOPE!
- Animals are so smart!!
- Black men on horses again? I love it!
- Ok WTF! NOW I see why everyone so dang confused.
- Wait … lemme watch this again.
- Keke in those first 30 seconds? GOLD!
- This trailer is less “scare”, but more “WTF”.
- That horse dipped!
- UFO? Crabs?? Game prizes?? Someone said aliens??? Yes!! It says alien viewer on one of the plastic bags!!
- Not me analyzing and searching this trailer for clues! F*ck!
- White person with weird face? That’s an alien tryna be a person?
- WTF?! Is that a monster HAND DRIPPING IN BLOOD fist bumping a BABY!?
- Why are there so many of those blow in the wind thingys!!?
- God damn the aliens got Keke!!? Not KEKE! (But then again, after that Alice performance … maybe … never mind.)
- Wonder who taking me on a date to see this?!
So yeah … I’m excited for this. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet …
Watch Jordan Peele’s Nope Movie Trailer Below
About Jordan Peele’s “Nope”
Apparently “Nope” is an upcoming American science-fiction Western horror film written, directed, and produced by Jordan Peele under his Monkeypaw Productions banner. It stars Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, and Steven Yeun.
And all we know right now is that all three are residents in a lonely gulch of inland California who bear witness to an uncanny and chilling discovery. Dassit.
The film is scheduled to be released on July 22, 2022, by Universal Pictures.
I’ll tell you more, when I know more. But the real question is …