Okay so if you’ve been following along, then you already KNOW I love the new Godzilla Vs Kong movie, which premieres in theaters and on HBO Max on March 31st. However, there are a few things I hated!
Here’s everything I loved and hated about the new Godzilla Vs Kong movie.
Note: There are a few spoilers below, so if you haven’t seen the movie yet, bookmark this for later! Don’t come cuss me about the spoilers please. Thanks! Carry on!
12 Things I Loved About The Godzilla Vs Kong Movie
- I love that Brian has a stand out role in this.
- Kudos for the white guy going on the dangerous mission instead of a Black guy.
- I love this little girl!
- I love that she’s Native American and bonds with Kong.
- I love how they pull away the sound when she interacts with Kong!
- I love that she worries about Kong.
- I love how they humanize Kong.
- The van kind of reminds me of the ghostbusters van and I’m not sure if that was done on purpose, but I love it.
- I love that his wife looks like she could be his wife!
- The fluctuations of the sound’s volume driving the emotions is amazing!
- I love that kong’s axe can deflect Godzilla’s beams!
- I love the little twist at the end.
5 Things I Hated About The Godzilla Vs Kong Movie
- I hate that they made Bernie, a Black man, bite an apple someone else bit! We don’t do that!
- Them pulling guns on a Black is triggering AF and I hated this scene!
- I hate that I feel like I missed out on a lot because I haven’t seen the other movies. (And I hate that I don’t have a boyfriend to binge watch the previous movies with?)
- On gawd, I hate Godzilla with a passion! He just keeps destroying every damn thing in his path!!!
- I hated that they waited so long to release Kong and didn’t give him a fighting chance!
But um, I think that’s about it!
Is there anything YOU loved about the new movie? (Or hated!)