Aight y’all, I didn’t even realize I hadn’t published this post! I watched episode 4 of Lovecraft Country last Sunday (as always) even though they gave it to us early. It’s sort of become my Sunday bedtime routine. Watch Leti be brave, watch Tic be foolish *side eye* and then take my ass to bed. Which now that I say it out loud sounds extremely crazy that I’m watching this thang right before I go to sleep, especially since I’m not a fan of horror.
Point is … I’ve been SUPER busy lately, especially after just covering the American Black Film Festival and jumping right into the Toronto International Film Festival, so I’ve barely had time to think, let alone write. Which is why I’m just getting this post up. BUT …
This show just keeps getting better, and better, so of course I couldn’t just skip an episode! I can’t do that to y’all. Especially if you’ve been rocking with me thus far and have read my thoughts on episode 1, episode 2, and episode 3! Feel me?!
So yeah, I figured, better late than never!
However, if you’re still unsure what Lovecraft Country even is (because you live under a rock or you’re just not on social media like that right now, which I totally get), check out my thoughts on episode 1 here since there’s a full description of this HBO series there.
And if you’re STILL unsure if you should watch Lovecraft Country (because you SWEAR up and down this just ain’t for you) check out my review of the first two episodes here. I hate horror too, but trust me this is GOOD!
So what did I think of the fourth episode?
Here Are 33 Thoughts I Had While Watching Episode 4 Of Lovecraft Country On HBO Max
Please note: I had to omit a few thoughts so I didn’t spoil anything. This is way too exciting for me to just spoil the fun. If you wanna discuss the show hit me up on Twitter.
1. What is even happening right now!!
2. Smells like Tulsa??? (Y’all know I’m slow and uncultured, don’t hate me, but I was sure confused by this.)
3. Ayeeeee Rihanna!!!! B*tch better have my money! Damn I haven’t listened to Rihanna in awhile.
4. Ohhhh the music in this episode!
5. Omg the little boy being upset at the grown ups who can’t stop whispering in the library! *crying*
6. This episode reminds us that white men are also assholes to white women.
7. These two might as well f*ck again and get it over with.
8. Episode 4 also reminds us how people judge plus size women, over skinny women. Some how Black folks are always put against each other, and put into box, after box. It’s exhausting.
9. WTF!! OMG!! I didn’t expect that from him and I don’t know WHY I didn’t, but I sure as hell did not!
10. OMG! Are these water ducts or something? Is he gonna drown???
11. Damn Leti! She don’t ever f*cking listen huh?
12. WTH?! What he want with her?! OMG!
13. W T F!
14. The story about the knot is cool but damn why he making her go first? I know she be brave but damn! They always making her do some dumb shit! By her god damn self! Can one of you men go first this time!? *rolls eyes*
15. OMGGGG! This shit is CRAZY right now! Booby traps, swinging blades, tiny ass planks that f*cking disappear while you’re walking on em! I can NOT!
16. SON that shit was crazy yo!
17. Ohhh his arms are out again! Yesssss! *swoon*
18. Wait is this song hinting at something right now?! Did he actually put a spell on her?
19. These sex scenes are bomb! (Or maybe it’s just my non-having sex ass that thinks this looks good? *runs away*)
20. Wait how’d her neighbor get in there if they were *omitted*? Wait OMG? Does this lead to the *omitted*????
21. But at least now they know they can swim back to the *omitted* and go up, right?
22. WOWWWW! The tip he gave Tic about the love song is so cute! And yes the “fussing” is usually love. If she’s fussing with you she cares. At least with me, that’s true.
23. Damn so the key to the lock is *omitted* and if it’s wrong it gets *omitted*? Damn!
24. Ohhhhh the key needs *omitted* and if *omitted* is accepted, then the lock opens. Kay, got it!
25. Is they sweating? They hot? Dang. *chuckle*
26. Yeahhhhh, this episode is gonna kill some of y’all! Watch this with the light on. (Surprisingly, it’s not bad for me though, so maybe it won’t be that bad for y’all? But some of y’all are complaining so this episode may be a bit scary.)
27. So ironic how she seems like she’s from an Indian tribe, because of the whole thang with Native Americans centuries ago. (Once you watch it, you’ll understand!)
28. Omgggg! At least they can all swim. Shidddd! I’d be dead by now.
29. Omg Leti always doing something crazy, that involves her incredible speed.
31. Omgggg nooooo! Where is she GOING!? WHYYY!? And with the damn girl in the car? No sis, no!
32. He was brave? *rolls eyes* How bout we give Leti some god damn credit!? Why doesn’t she get credit for all the shit she does? Ugh!
33. OMGGGGG! WTF son!
So yeah, that’s pretty much what went through my head while watching the fourth episode.
The ending of episode 4 had me ready to cuss somebody’s daddy! Do you hear me! But, that ending was so unpredictable that it makes me love this show even more! So I can’t wait to see what happens next Sunday!
Have you seen Lovecraft Country yet? If so, what did you think of it? If not …